Using AI to find resources

 Earlier this past week, I was asked by Mr. Morris to find resources for his class over Ancient Africa. The first place I started was not with a Google search. Instead, I turned to ChatGPT. My first query was pretty straightforward. I simply stated I wanted 6th grade resources for Ancient Africa. It did provide some links to a few websites but it was pretty underwhelming. I tried a few more queries before I decided to try the search with Perplexity AI. Not only did Perplexity show six different websites to use but it broke it down better than ChatGPT. In fact, it recommended a new search query under Related that showed some activities I could use as well. Finally, I tried the Bard AI (I had to use my personal G account to access Bard). I found the results on Bard to be pretty much the same as on ChatGPT. Just goes to show why I like Perplexity AI so much!


For more information on AI tools teachers need to be aware of, take a look at Matt Miller’s article titled 30 AI tools for the classroom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mathigon/Polypad

MagicSchool.ai