Every Tuesday, I share some of the best technology blog posts, tweets, or highlights that I have discovered during the week. My hope is by sharing these tech tidbits, we can all continue to share information with each other in regards to education technology integration.
Google Sheet: Charts
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This is a very short video on how to take data that is in Google Sheets and create a graph for science class. It also explains how you can then insert the chart into your Google Slide for your presentation.
What is it? “ Kapwing is a collaborative, online content creation platform that you can use to edit video and create content.” What can I use it for? You can use it to edit a youtube video to only show what you want to show, take a video and turn it into a GIF, create a video from pictures, edit an already created video by adding text, change the format of a video, download only the audio, and a lot more. How do I get it? To be able to use Kapwing Pro for free, you do need to sign up and wait for verification. This applies to both teachers and students. Once your account has been verified as being for education, you will be able to upgrade the free Kapwing account to the pro version. Go to https://www.kapwing.com/edu to get started. I absolutely LOVE using Kapwing for all of my video editing. It is so easy to use. When I heard the Pro version was free, I shouted out loud. Luckily, I only scared my c...
Mizou.com is a chatbot that was created for 1 to 1 student interactions in a safe environment. There is something from elementary to senior students to explore. With Mizou, teachers can customize and create an AI chatbot based upon their learning materials and rubrics. The chatbot can then be shared with students in a secure fashion (students do not need to login or sign up). Students can then interact with the chatbot using text, images, and audio. Students and teachers will receive automatic feedback identifying where students relate in context with the material. If you don’t have a lot of time, try using one of the chatbots already created by another educator. You can search by grade level and subject. You can give them a try yourself before you share them with students. I tried a chatbot about learning the ABC’s and another where I conversed with Edgar Allan Poe. You could learn about mummification or get tutorial help in math. There are so many different and wonder...
Today, I discovered a blog post from Nick’s Picks for Educational Technology over how to create and use a virtual waiting room for either Zoom or Google Meet. I thought this was a great idea so decided to share it with you. In the post, Nick provides a few templates as well as step-by-step instructions on how to publish a presentation to the web so it automatically plays. Since I know everyone is super busy right now, I decided to create one for you to use with Zoom! Please take a look at the presentations below. Remember, these are templates so you are more than welcome to customize them to better suit your classroom. High School Middle School Elementary School
Comments
Post a Comment